Re: [cdt-dev] Upcoming CDT Service Release and OS X Debugging.

My personal experience when I last tried was that CDI had different but less issues than DSF with apple's gdb. The 'cause' for all the trouble on OS X is not CDI support rotting, but rather that apple decided about 5 years ago that it will stick with gdb 6.3.50-20050815 forever, neither merging bugfixes nor enhancements from fsf, and just making it good enough to support XCode. (Edit and continue anyone?)

Otoh, fsf-gdb development has continued over the past 5 years, and so naturally these two gdbs will diverge more and more over time. If I am not mistaken, gdb-DSF support was designed with a current fsf-gdb in mind. So naturally, I would expect more issues with the more modern DSF, and less with the legacy CDI. Not to discourage anyone from starting to support apple-gdb-DSF. It is the right way to go IMHO, but it definitely won't be for free.

Just my 2ct,
Tobias