Re: [cdt-dev] scanner configuration

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Andrey Tretyakov <andrromeda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:32:46 +0400, Siva Velusamy <siva.velusamy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My toolchain
definition inherits from gcc, so could that be the cause? Should I
just copy over the gcc compiler build definition rather than inherit
from it?

I have the same problem. :-(
Before CDT 6.0 I used:

  <extension>
        id=...
        name=...
        point="org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile">
     <scannerInfoCollector
           class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.PerProjectSICollector"
           scope="project">
     </scannerInfoCollector>

but now I can't...

I was able to get it working after some debugging. The issue was that the collector I had defined was not being loaded properly due to a configuration issue. Once that was fixed, I was able to get the correct includes.

I also noticed that if I don't inherit from gcc, then gcc's includes are not pulled in.

In your extension, I see that you are using make.internal..PerProjectSICollector. I use my own, but they are pretty much replicas of what exist. See thread http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg12401.html for more info.

Finally, to debug this, you might want to try the following things: 1. Set SCANNER_CONFIG flag to true to enable scanner tracing. This should let you atleast verify that your compiler is being called and the right set of includes & symbols are being determined.
2. Once that is done, you want to look at the collector to see if the info from step 1 is being saved properly. This whole thing starts from the function getProviderScannerInfo that instantiates a collector, and then passes it to an ESI provider.

hth,
Siva

Back to the top