Re: [cdt-dev] scanner configuration

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:32:46 +0400, Siva Velusamy <siva.velusamy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My toolchain
definition inherits from gcc, so could that be the cause? Should I
just copy over the gcc compiler build definition rather than inherit
from it?

I should mention that my plugin.xml points to my versions of
MBGCCScannerInfoCollector (empty) and
ManagedMBGCCScannerInfoConsoleParser (practically the same as
ManagedGCCScannerInfoConsoleParser). In both of these files, I see
warnings that state: Discouraged access: The type
GCCScannerInfoConsoleParser is not accessible due to restriction on
required project org.eclipse.cdt.make.core. I am quite new to Eclipse
development, so I might be missing something quite obvious.

I am building on RC4 and CDT from cvs/head.

Thanks a tonne,
Siva

I have the same problem. :-(
Before CDT 6.0 I used:

   <extension
         id=...
         name=...
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile">
      <scannerInfoCollector
            class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.PerProjectSICollector"
            scope="project">
      </scannerInfoCollector>
      <buildOutputProvider>
         <open></open>
         <scannerInfoConsoleParser
               class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.gnu.GCCScannerInfoConsoleParser">
         </scannerInfoConsoleParser>
      </buildOutputProvider>
      <scannerInfoProvider
            providerId="specsFile">
         <run
               arguments="-E -P -v -dD ${plugin_state_location}/specs.c"
               class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.GCCSpecsRunSIProvider"
               command="{PATH_TO_MY_COMPILER}">
         </run>
         <scannerInfoConsoleParser
               class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.gnu.GCCSpecsConsoleParser">
         </scannerInfoConsoleParser>
      </scannerInfoProvider>
   </extension>

but now I can't...