RE: [cdt-dev] Couple issues with DSF

Yes the firewall can be annoying.  But Eclipse has made available
a port that should be open to your firewall
for pserver, instead dev.eclpse.org, you can use

proxy.eclipse.org:80

and for extssh (for committers)
proxy.eclipse.org:443

> Meantime, I had installed and tested GNU gdb 6.8.0.20080328-cvs
> (cygwin-special) for windows console program (skyeye simulator)
> debugging.
>
> First, I cannot see a terminal (console) window of this program. Its
> output is seen in Eclipse console. But it looks like the stdout only.
> stderr is not seen...

You mean that there is only the gdb console in eclipse?
You don't have a second console for the program?

> Next, the program seem to work: the program has to open a socket and
> wait for connection. I can see that another GDB can connect to it and
> work as expected.
>
> What is weird is that I cannot pause a skyeye program. I see the
> following call stack
>
> Skyeye_1.2.5 Cygwin GCC [C/C++ Local Application
> (Experimental - DSF)]
> 	skyeye.exe
> 		Thread[2]  (Running : CONTAINER)
> 		Thread[1]  (Running : USER_REQUEST)
> 	gdb
> 	skyeye.exe
>
> Is this the same 6.8 vs 7.0 problem?

Assuming you have the latest CDT build, I don't think it is the version
problem.  Since your version of GDB has the 'cygwin' keywork in it,
DSF-GDB
will use 6.8 as its version.

Can you sent the traces?

Thanks