Re: [cdt-dev] DSDP-DD memory plugins to CDT?

Ken's situation is ours, too. It would make things easier for us.

John

At 01:02 AM 2/4/2009, ken.ryall@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I support doing this, we have always shipped our product with the traditional memory rendering and I’d be happy to see it in CDT.

- Ken

From: ext Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:19:23 +0100
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] DSDP-DD memory plugins to CDT?

I feel I should add a little more  background here.  At the CDT summit
in October we briefly discussed the memory rendering and whether we
should try to contribute it to CDT.  At the time and until recently, we
were in a conversation with the Debug platform team to determine whether
the rendering could be contributed there.  In the end it doesn't seem
that the rendering would be a good fit for the Platform project so we're
trying to see if we can fold it into CDT as part of the larger move of
components from the Device Debugging project to CDT.

As far as the mechanics of contributing the memory rendering, we would
probably need to create a new memory component to contain these, and I
guess we would need to define a new optional feature for it as well.
Having just gone through this for DSF and DSF-GDB I could help with the
process.

-Pawel