Re: [cdt-dev] unable to compile file in project

> So while reading "Managed Build System Extensibility Document" I
> came across section 6.1 (Replacing the Makefile Generator) which I
> think is the clue in the problems I am having with the makefile. When
> I create a project I utilize my custom tool chain which basically
> cross-compiles the source code in the project using
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc. I was tweaking input and output types for
> my toolChain but without much success (as I understand they play key
> role in creating makefile and all other artifacts, unless I am
> mistaken here). So now I think that I need to provide my own
> IManaIManagedBuilderMakefileGenerator and IManagedDependencyGenerator,
> is this the case in my situation? I was hoping I could resolve this
> problem with some clever definitions in extension point. Sorry if I
> initially I wasn't too sure how to explain my problem correctly.

Alex,

The makefile you posted earlier contains the following line:
  @echo 'No tool found that can build the extension specified with the
build artifact name $@'
which would suggest something is not setup correctly in your toolchain
definition. Besides, given your toolchain looks like a gcc derivative, I
doubt you need to write your own makefile generator, so before going
that way perhaps you could post your toolchain definition to see if
something can be fixed there.

Regards,
  Wieant

Back to the top