RE: [cdt-dev] lanching problem

When you launch, if you have the setting turned on, Eclipse will try and build all projects. The CDT managed build project and Java projects tend to figure out for themselves if a build needs to happen. I assume Qt isn't using the managed builder and lauches their own external make utility. There's no way for the CDT to know whether that utility needs to do a build or not, so it calls it all the time.

In short, check with the Qt people and see if there is anything they can do to help. Or uncheck the option to build before launch.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of tony z
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 2:15 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] lanching problem

I have QT eclipse integration plugin with cdt and perl EPIC plugins installed. When I tried to lanch a perl program, eclipse always compile QT projects in the same workspace first and then run my perl program even there is nothing in the perl program related to QT projects. I have no such problem when running a java program. I feel this is an eclipse and plugin configuration issue but didn't a way to avoid building QT program so far. Any idea? - tony

Back to the top