Re: [cdt-dev] Influencing where CDT is looking for include paths

hi Florian,

 the pre-built indexes in CDT 4.0/5.0 are intended to address the use-case
where the pre-built
content is non-changing(*1) and disjoint (*2) from the workspace - e.g.
SDK or library headers.

In that scenario, references to types outside the workspace will be
resolved to the pre-built content
and navigation features will direct to file paths obtained from there when
appropriate. This doesn't
mean include paths should not be set up correctly in the project model -
project builders
will still need that information to correctly compile. You can do that
via:

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/reference/cdt_u_prop_general_pns_inc.htm

thanks,
Andrew
(*1): https://bugs.eclipse.org/207855
(*2): https://bugs.eclipse.org/221358

> I am using a pre-built index file on a project which does not
> contain all of the files which were indexed.
> All of the files which where indexed are accessible through a
> network filesystem.
> Suppose the index contains a file "a.h" and "b.c" amongst other
> source files and headers.
>
> When I am copying b.c to my project (and nothing else of the full
> project which was indexed) and in that file the header "a.h" is used
> error markers are generated (i suppose this is the case since i have
> no include path set which points to a location where "a.h" is
> present) and i cannot open the header using F3.
> Opening other classes which are not present in a local source file
> but on the index works fine using F3 (the paths to the indexed files
> are completed by a implementation of a IReadOnlyPDOMProvider) - its
> just on the include paths where this fails.
>
> Is there a possibility to take influence where CDT is looking for
> includes? I thought about something like:
>  * check for headers in a file
>  * first look locally if the header is present in the include path
settings
>  * if not check the pre-built index if the file is present in it
>  * if it's present in there use the file which was indexed
>
> Would it then be possible to get rid of the errormarkers in the editor?
> Hopefully someone can give me a pointer where to look at,
> respectively if this is possible at all.
>
> Thanks for your Help!
> --
> GMX startet ShortView.de. Hier findest Du Leute mit Deinen Interessen!
> Jetzt dabei sein:
http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

 Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6
Boundary Row, Southwark, London,  SE1 8HP, UK. This message is
intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any
attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of
its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception,
amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in
transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in
compliance with Symbian corporate policy.