Re: [cdt-dev] Debugging toolchain definitions

Leherbauer, Anton wrote:
Hi,

if you think ResourceDeltaFactory#computeDelta() is wrong, please file a
bug against Platform/Resources.
CDT has nothing to do with it.

On the other hand, I don't think the resource deltas are the root of
your issues.
As far as I know (which is not much), the internal builder relies on the
indexer to compute dependencies, ie. if the index is incomplete or
wrong, the internal builder won't resolve dependencies correctly.
Maybe you can elaborate your exact use case a little and/or provide a
sample project.

You're right, the resource delta was not the cause of the problem. The delta was empty because no files had changed, but a build should have been triggered anyway since there no output files had been generated.

By studying the GNU toolchains (but not really understanding), I managed to get at least one of my project types to work. The crucial modification seems to be to add

    <additionalInput
          kind="additionalinput"
          paths="$(LIBS)">
    </additionalInput>
    <additionalInput
          kind="additionalinputdependency"
          paths="$(USER_OBJS)">
    </additionalInput>

to the inputType of the linker-step. I'm not sure why they are necessary, but things started working when I added them.

--
/Jesper

Back to the top