Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 5.0 Rampdown Policy

Schaefer, Doug wrote:

> Hey guys, as discussed at the conf call, here is the ramp down policy
> for CDT 5.0
> Starting immediately (M7/RC0), no new features.
>
> Starting Fri, May 30 (after M3 build), all commits must be accompanied
> with a notification to the cdt-dev list providing a link to the bug that
> was fixed. The CVS logs will be monitored to ensure compliance (i.e.,
> I'll send a nasty mail if you forget to notify us of a change :)
>
> The idea is to ensure we're only fixing bugs during the RC cycle. And as
> we get closer, it's important that we all understand what's changing and
> can object if too much is changing too late to ensure we stabalize by
> the end of the release.

As a non-committer, I'd be really happy if someone could approve and apply
these patches that I've proposed.  My users keep hitting these bugs (more
than other users, I guess, for some reason), and I'd like to not have to
re-apply them locally to CDT source for longer than I can avoid.

224203  nor     P3   Wind   cdt-build-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx     NEW    Excess
full rebuilds of depended-on configurations
227607  nor     P3   Wind   cdt-build-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx     NEW    Managed
make: overriden opts in folders can damage makefile macros
230029  nor     P3   Wind   cdt-build-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx     NEW
Referenced projects should build in foreground if main build is also
foreground

I also have a near-patch for a benign (I hope and believe) change to
starter.exe for the win32 platform; it would remove the need for me to have
a custom version of that, as well:

213994    	min  	P3  	Wind  	cdt-core-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx  	NEW  	  	win32:
change starter.cpp to allow child processes of debugger to live