AW: [cdt-dev] Possible additions to Wiki

Hi Andre,

>  - Plug-ins for CDT ( unlinked prototype:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CDT/Plug-ins )

"Plug ins" is very general. Are you thinking of

- "contributed" stuff, i.e. CDT additions which are "free", i.e. coming
with a EPL style license. This would make your page a platform for
drawing attention and possibly getting others to help improving the
plug-ins.
- commercial CDT additions. This would make your page an advertisement
platform for CDT based software vendors. Which is not bad in itself. I
just want to show the different directions that such a page could be
taking.

>  - Release notes, for changes, fixes and enhancements for each
official version. Currently I don't know how I would generate them or
whether they are already available else where?

As we talked yesterday at the conference call, I think release notes
should be a community effort i.e. each committer who completes a feature
/ a bugfix can then (proudly) add a notice of his/her contribution to
the release notes, which could well be a wiki page or, alternatively a
html page which is somewhere under version control in CVS.

> Please let me have your feedback - thanks.

Welcome.

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top