RE: [cdt-dev] HEAD does not compile

The java 1.5 API differs from the 1.4 API that is why you do not
get the errors.

You can use 1.5 as your execution environment, but you have to compile
against 1.4. The projects are setup to do this correctly, but if you do
not have a JRE 1.4 at all, this does not work.

So, configure a JRE 1.4 as one of your JREs in your eclipse workspace
and you'll get the error.

Markus.