Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Re: [cdt-dev] Re: New Debug Model

Pawel,

For now just a couple thoughts:

The new platform model is wonderfully flexible but a model for C/C++
debuggers needs to provide enough common structure to make it reusable
across back-ends. Otherwise there is not much to leverage and other tools
don't have a way to address debugger stuff. The more common elements we can
put into the model, the more we can collaborate.

A debug model for C/C++ should as much as possible allow the back-end to
provide as rich a debug experience as it can. That's not to say that the
model has to let every back-end interact exactly the way it wants to, some
glue and various adjustments will usually be necessary.

A debug model should address the most common debugger use cases and let
back-ends opt out and do their own thing when they do something wildly
different. But in those cases the benefits of the model should also provide
an incentive for people to adjust their debugger back-ends to better match
the model.

Looking forward to a more in-depth discussion later on.

Thanks - Ken