[cdt-dev] Developer reference material

Hi, I'm wondering if there is reference API documentation for developers of IDE products that will include CDT?

There seems to be a grand total of exactly one such document on the CDT site, and it only discusses one recent optional piece, Managed Build. I've also seen the table of "feature specs" and "design specs", of course.

Some documents one can stumble over in the cvs tree that seem to be important, like
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/cdt-core-home/docs/cdtproject_extensions.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project&rev=1.4 ("CDT Project Extensions") don't appear on the web page and appear to have no links pointing to them.

I've generated javadoc with a command line script, since 3.0M7 throws an IOException when I try File | Export | Javadoc on CDT checkouts.

Is there a canonical way of generating CDT javadoc? An existing publication of it?

Is there a list of the extension points with a little bit of discussion?

I gather that most IDE's shipping CDT as a component ship a modified version. Is this true? Does QNX ship a modified version or do they actually add their support via the existing extension points?

Do developers at QNX use the same documentation that I'm searching for? (It's hard to know exactly how to phrase this question, since I clearly haven't found "the documentation", but YKWIM.)

Please help! Going back to reading source code...

Bill Turner

Do you Yahoo!?