Re: [cdt-dev] CDT needs more user feedback =;-)

As a rule, we should be designing our work so that they can be moved to
background processing available in Eclipse 3.0.  The cancel/info aspect
would be handled by that. Even the outline view could benefit from this
type of refactoring (we've had problems loading files > 2 MB in the editor
due to it).

One thing to point out though ... I haven't seen the new
performance/scalability numbers that the platform uses to test their work
in 3.0 (and I cannot find the old numbers, the project group cleaned up
their webpage :)) but I do believe the example you had last brought up
yesterday was beyond the numbers (which I believe was < 27000 resources).
While I think that we should address the high-runner culprits in the 2.0
timeframe, I would hope that we manage expectations appropriately.

Peace,
JohnC
www.eclipse.org/cdt

p.s. it's day 2 here in Anaheim and the Disney music in the hotel is
driving me insane.  I cahllenge anyone to try get some work done in the
hotel internet cafe with Bibbity Bobbity Boo playing in the background ...
:-)