Re: [cdt-dev] Extension Points

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Songer" <songer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 9:38 PM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Extension Points

> Hi!
>
> After the call today, I got curious about existing cdt extension points.
> When I had a moment, I went through and looked. Here are the 10 that I
> could find in CDT 1.0.
>
> CBuildCommand: String replacement for the default build command.
>
> CBuildConsole: User supplied IConsole to use for the build display.
>
> CProject: User supplied ICOwner. This looks to be a binding mechanism
> between a project and some form of platform (platform as in: windows is a
> platform) specific information, though what ICOwners are supposed to do on
> update and configure were beyond my five minute look.
>
> CBuildModel: Supplies an incremental builder of type ICBuilder. One of
> these is specified in the cdt core, but I'll be darned if I can figure out
> what it does. I presume it's to update the Cmodel on small changes, but I
> can't find it in action.
>
> ProcessList: Interface to the host to process list with IProcessList.
> (Interestingly, it seems to me like this should be a Target extension
point
> rather than host. What if you are developing on Linux for a VxWorks
target?
> I probably just do not understand it.)
>
> CDebugger: Supplies an ICDebugger to the environment.
>
> CDebuggerPage: Supplies an AbstractLaunchConfigurationTab to the launcher.
>
> CCompletionContributor: Supplies an ICCompletionContributor that seems to
> feed the C code assist mechanisms.
>
> CElementFilters: Non-executable extension to supply filters for the cview,
> though I'm not sure I'm totally understanding why H files and Makefiles
are
> excluded.
>
> textHovers: Supplies an ITextHover. It's not clear to me what the behavior
> is w.r.t. the default one when you put in yours.

The original (default) text hovering is a part of CDT core plugin. This
extension point allows to overwrite the default behaviour and associate a
new ITextHover object with some perspective. For example, the CDT debugger
extends ITextHover and associates it with the Debug perspective.

> Thanks!
> -Chris

Mikhail Khodjaiants