[cdt-dev] debugging core files

I have a program file that, if run, gives a segmentation fault. If I run this file on command line, it gets core dumped and creates a core file in the current directory. But if I run it in Eclipse, it appears as if the core file is not created. So if I'm using the C/C++ post mortem debugger, I have to have already run the program on command line for the core file to be created so I can select it when debugging. I don't think it should work this way. Please point me in the right direction if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Alifiya

Back to the top