RE: [cdt-dev] commit list

> > Great idea, Tom.  I'm having a hard time understanding
> where development
> > activity is taking place (short of looking at the revision
> history of
> > individual files).  I remember agreeing that all commits
> would be published
> > to the patch list, but as you mention, that doesn't appear
> to be happening
> > and it's probably a little heavy weight at this time
> anyway.  Having an
> > automated mechanism to do this would make life a lot easier.
>
> Amen to that!
> Doing this manually is a real burden, especially if your developement
> system is not hooked to the mail server and Cut/Paste to the
> system clipboard
> is not working.
>
> Asking for developers to manually send in patches for
> __every__ commit is
> ... well .. I do not have that kind of discipline.

Hey, you were starting to get into the groove :-)

> Did someone sent mail to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx or
> to our PMC(grand pooba sebastien)?

I saw the traffic, I'm trying to figure out how to automate it.
As Tom points out, this should all be doable with some scripts
hooked to the cvs commit command.

Tom, can you first email the scripts so we can figure out how
to hook it into the cvs server? I don't want to create the mailing list
until we're sure we can hook into the current eclipse infrastructure.

Thanks,

Seb