Mikaël Barbero
Manager — Release Engineering and Technology | Eclipse Foundation
🐦 @mikbarbero

On 1 Feb 2021, at 19:27, Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Scott,

I'm not sure if you've seen a response to this, but you could also consider the cross-project-issues mailing list, as you would get a much wider audience:

Denis

On 2021-01-28 11:34 a.m., Scott Marlow wrote:

Hi,

In the Jakarta EE Platform TCK environment [1], we are required to service our old releases.  We do not yet have a limit defined on how far back we go.  Our current Jakarta EE releases are { 8, 9 } and further releases are expected this year.  So, we could have a request in 20 years for service release of our Jakarta EE Platform TCK 8.0.x software which requires running the corresponding build/release/test jobs for Jakarta EE 8.

My question for this mailing list is whether Eclipse has any guidance for how long (either in years or number of major releases) a particular Eclipse release could/should be serviceable with regard to future service releases being possible?

Scott

[1] https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/

Denis Roy
Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation
Twitter: @droy_eclipse