Re: [cbi-dev] OOM in Standalone TCK build job and question about where do the default NLP_PROTOCOL_OPTS settings get configured?

We see exactly same message in our tests in Eclipse platform project. See https://ci-staging.eclipse.org/releng/view/Automated%20tests/job/ep416I-unit-cen64-gtk3-java14/80/console

-Sravan

From: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 02 June 2020 07:43
To: cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [cbi-dev] OOM in Standalone TCK build job and question about where do the default NLP_PROTOCOL_OPTS settings get configured?

Hi,

I would like to understand what the container/VM memory size is that goes with the "OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" failures we get collecting job results from standalonetck-nightly-build-run-master [1].

I do see from standalonetck-nightly-build-run-master/47/injectedEnvVars [2] that JNLP_PROTOCOL_OPTS contains -Xmx256m.  Can we identify where the JNLP_PROTOCOL_OPTS setting is coming from for [2] and also understand how much memory is available for a possibly higher -Xmx256m?

Just for comparison, the [1] job launches [3] which requests (Java max of) -Xmx2048m to be used for JNLP, of a possible OS/container/VM max memory limit of 2176Mi (as controlled via [4]).

Scott

Back to the top