|Re: [cbi-dev] MacOS notarization|
After reviewing the the file https://git.eclipse.org/c/nattable/org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.git/tree/org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.examples.e4.product/pom.xml I can say you are missing signerUrl parameter to your eclipse-macsigner-plugin. See https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/sdk/pom.xml#n122 on how we did it in platform
There are multiple stages in the notarization process
- Sign native libraries and executables with hardened runtime and entitlements. (platform team does this nothing to be done from end user side unless you have a native library)
- Create eclipse app you can use tycho-p2-director-plugin (See https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/sdk/pom.xml#n49)
- Sign eclipse app with hardened runtime and entitlements you can use mac signer plugin (see https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/sdk/pom.l#n108). Probably you missed this step
- Create signed dmg you can use eclipse-dmg-packager (see https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/sdk/pom.xml#n127)
- Then notarize your application.
From the message I suspect you may be missing step 3. In step 3 we specify explicit signer url. Please use that other wise you will not have secure timestamp ot hardened runtime enabled
Hope this helps
thanks for the hint. It seems that really the issue was that I tried to trigger to notarization from the download area. Moving it to the Jenkins area works. But now I get errors from the notarization service.
The signature does not include a secure timestamp.The executable does not have the hardened runtime enabled.The binary is not signed.
I have added the following to the pom.xml of the product project.
<timeoutMillis>600000</timeoutMillis> <!-- 10 min -->
The cbi-version is 1.1.8-SNAPSHOT. Any idea why the created dmg file seems to be incorrect?
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 3:03 PM Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is your complete curl command?
Are you using curl file:/// ?
On 2020-05-19 1:40 p.m., Dirk Fauth wrote:
I am trying to get the signing and notarization working for MacOS for the NatTable Example application.
I tried to adapt the shell script from platform and Oomph, but it seems my knowledge of curl etc. are not good enough. I always get the following error:
curl: (26) couldn't open file "org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.examples.e4.product-macosx.cocoa.x86_64.dmg"
Although I think I am in the right directory and things should work. I really don't understand what is going wrong. It would be great if someone could lend me an hand on solving this problem.
As Mikael already asked me to do, I will also write some hints in the wiki about the notarization etc. to help others in the future. But to do so it should work at least. Probably I am only missing some simple thing, but I really don't see what.
_______________________________________________cbi-dev mailing listTo unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cbi-dev
Director, IT Services | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Eclipse Foundation: The Platform for Open Innovation and Collaboration
cbi-dev mailing list
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cbi-dev
Back to the top