Is there a documented process to attach external slave agents to a CI instance? (I don't want to violate any Eclipse standards, and I want to set it up properly the first time.)

FWIW,

- Carl Anderson

Inactive hide details for Frederic Gurr ---05/08/2019 05:52:08 AM---Hi, The Eclipse Foundation's build infrastructure provides Frederic Gurr ---05/08/2019 05:52:08 AM---Hi, The Eclipse Foundation's build infrastructure provides mostly Linux

From: Frederic Gurr <frederic.gurr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 05/08/2019 05:52 AM
Subject: Re: [cbi-dev] Architectures availble to CBI
Sent by: cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

The Eclipse Foundation's build infrastructure provides mostly Linux
based x64 machines. We can give projects limited access to Mac and
Windows machines. We don't provide Z Series based machines.

For unsupported architectures, projects can attach external slave agents
to their CI instances. For example, the OpenJ9 project utilizes external
AIX, Windows, Linux and zOS machines (
https://ci.eclipse.org/openj9).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Fred

https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-codewind- and are
> preparing to set up a build for it using the JIPP that will be
> provisioned for the project (and pulling source from GitHub). We want to
> do builds on various architectures- our top priority for builds, in
> order are:
>
> amd64/x86 64-bit
> Power 64
> Z Series
>
> I know that the Eclipse (Platform) project supports the first two
> architectures. In my previous duties as the WTP Release Engineer, I did
> builds on amd64/x86 64-bit. Are there Power 64 machines that the
> Codewind JIPP can use for builds? If so, what do we need to configure to
> utilize them? And, by any chance, do the JIPPs have access to Z Series
> architecture? Furthermore, are there any other architectures that our
> JIPP will have access to?
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns, and
> thanks in advance for any and all help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> - Carl Anderson

Frederic Gurr
Release Engineer | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH

Annastr. 46, D-64673 Zwingenberg
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 92821
Managing Directors: Ralph Mueller, Mike Milinkovich, Chris Laroque