Re: [cbi-dev] Creating source features

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul,

Using example you provided some time ago [1], build.properties describes
source features that are referenced from org.eclipse.sdk/feature.xml but
otherwise completely unrelated. Tycho does not support this and I am
reluctant to add such support. I think it makes more sense to move
org.eclipse.pde.source, org.eclipse.jdt.source and so on to their own
feature projects.

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.sdk

Is the problem the extra information?  Could that not be added somehow through the pom.xml when the source feature is generated?

Or you mean a completely separate feature?  How would tycho know to include all of the plugins from the matching real feature?  the build.properties also includes the ability to exclude one or 2 plugins, which feature.xml can't do.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR