[cbi-dev] Building native Eclipse bits

Hi Everyone,

First of all please accept my apologies for missing the call - and I
will give a short outline of my work here.

I started my work from SWT - my goal is to get one fragment built (the
gtk one). To do this, I have added a pom.xml to the
eclipse.platform.swt.binaries and inside the
org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64.

After a number of tries I got finally the fragment built by using the
maven-antrun-plugin to call the existing swt build.xml. I've also
created a separate profile which is activated only if the native
libraries are missing. That was the easy part.

Then I have removed appropriate fragments from the native repo and here
is the problem I faced:

[ERROR] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference: Edge
between
'Vertex{label='eclipse.platform.swt.binaries:org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64:3.100.0-SNAPSHOT'}' and 'Vertex{label='eclipse.platform.swt:org.eclipse.swt:3.100.0-SNAPSHOT'}' introduces to cycle in the graph eclipse.platform.swt:org.eclipse.swt:3.100.0-SNAPSHOT --> eclipse.platform.swt.binaries:org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64:3.100.0-SNAPSHOT --> eclipse.platform.swt:org.eclipse.swt:3.100.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

It looks like Tycho is adding implicit dependency from swt to the
fragment, which is a pain, because the fragment already depends on the
swt bundle. I'll open a bug for that, and then continue my work in other
Eclipse parts - launchers.

--
Krzysztof Daniel <kdaniel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat