Re: [cbi-dev] Rebasing CBI to M5

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Paul,

Some more questions, so I had a look at the R4 repository map files. They don't seem to indicate which tags for each repository was used to build like the R3 ones did. Instead I see things like the following:

feature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=p2IU,id=org.eclipse.jdt.feature.jar,repository=ECLIPSE_PLATFORM_REPO

Which seems to point to jar files instead. I tried checking out eclipse.jdt.git tag I20120301-2200 as well but it seems that tag doesn't exist. I guess for R4 how do I know which tags were used for each repository?

Right now our 4.2 build is a "short build"  We build things from eclipse.platform.ui and eclipse.platform.runtime (and one or 2 other repos). But most our build just consumes the matching 3.8 I build p2 repo.  So in this case, you would want most of the 4.2 branch submodules to be in the same state as the 3.8 ones.

The repos that are compiled to make 4.2 (as opposed to just being consumed from 3.8) are currently listed in these maps: http://git.eclipse.org/c/e4/org.eclipse.e4.releng.git/tree/org.eclipse.e4.sdk/maps

Kim is in the process of making the 4.2 build the same as the 3.8 build, using the R4_HEAD branch of eclipse.platform.releng.maps repo ... but M5 was built with the short build.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster