From:        Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        03/06/2012 12:40 PM
Subject:        Re: [cbi-dev] Rebasing CBI to M5
Sent by:        cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone,

Going through the map files today and saw something that has me a bit confused and hoping someone can explain it to me to make it more clear. What I noticed was the map files for the various repositories don't seem to map consistently to tags. For example looking at eclipse.jdt.debug.git repository:

% grep "eclipse.jdt.debug.git" *
jdtdebug.map:plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.debug=GIT,tag=v20120302-2319,repo=git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git,path=org.eclipse.jdt.debug
jdtdebug.map:plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=GIT,tag=v20120305-1601,repo=git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git,path=org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui
jdtdebug.map:plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.launching=GIT,tag=v20120301-0523,repo=git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git,path=org.eclipse.jdt.launching
jdtdebug.map:plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.launching.macosx=GIT,tag=v20120301-0523,repo=git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git,path=org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx
jdtdebug.map:plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.macosx=GIT,tag=v20120119-2105,repo=git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git,path=org.eclipse.jdt.launching.ui.macosx
jdtdebug.map:plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.debug.tests=GIT,tag=v20120302-2319,repo=git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jdt/eclipse.jdt.debug.git,path=org.eclipse.jdt.debug.tests

While I can see that each of them are pointing to different directories in the repositories, I'm a bit confused why each sub directory in the repository has a different tag referenced. I guess what I'm getting at is if I'm merging these into the CBI build it seems like I need to merge different tags in each repository on a per directory basis.

Thanks,

Thanh