Re: [cbi-dev] Orbit, maven.eclipse.org, etc.

In the end it's about how projects consume the output of each other, or how every project defines its target environment - that's not Orbit-specific.

If we are talking about Buckminster you define a set of 'repositories of components' (CVS, Git, ... or a p2 repository) and Buckminster decides how to materialize them. The natural way to consume bundles and features is via p2 and I think most projects that are using Buckminster for their builds are using this.

In that case I would add to Davids statement below, that it's not only PDE Build that fetches components transparently, it's also Buckminster, and Maven/Tycho-based builds are not different from that point of view.

Regards,
Markus