Re: [birt-dev] [EXTERNAL] - Maven artifacts for BIRT Runtime 4.7

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Ben Gamble <bgamble@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The maven runtime has been a rich source of irritating bugs for several releases now and I have my eye on all of them for 4.7.0.

n Ben

After your email, I did check for issues related to it on eclipse bugzilla. Looks like the maven runtime has issues reported since 4.5.0.
I was only aware of the 4.6.0 bug report.

How is the runtime artifact for use via maven built?
I am looking underÂhttps://github.com/eclipse/birt/tree/master/build to find the relevant files.Â
Could you point me to the right files please. I will try to build it locally.

Also, looks like something has changed as to how BIRT is built after getting it from github.
Previously, around March 2017, cloning it and following the instructions was enough, http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/birt-dev/msg10971.html.
However, recently I have had to do the following.Â
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/40231-buiding-eclipse-birt-using-maven-on-linuxwindows/?p=147976

Thanks for your work.