Re: [babel-dev] DO NOT TRANSLATE properties files and quote handling

Kit,
So you have strings in the properties files that are not to be translated?  Can you provide an example?

- Bjorn

Kit Lo wrote:

A question for Paul, Dennis or Gabe: When we load the translation server with translatable files, is there a way to mark a file, or strings in a file as DO NOT TRANSLATE? I've seen a few cases where a file, or strings in a file, should not be translated. Otherwise, the code logic will not work.

If we don't have a way to do that now, we have to come up with a system, like a special comment in the file, so we can skip translating the file or strings. Maybe we can do something in Pascal's Message Editor side. Pascal, any comment?

We also need a way for the developer of the properties file to tell us if the file will be processed by Java MessageFormat class. Depending on whether the file would be processed by Java MessageFormat class, quotes need to be doubled sometimes. Again, some special comment in the file will solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead

--

[end of message]

Back to the top