RE: [babel-dev] DO NOT TRANSLATE properties files and quote handling

Given that our very first efforts will be to translate version(s) of Eclipse which have already shipped and cannot be changed, I don’t see how we can avoid using some variant of Kit’s proposal.

I disagree that this is an easier solution. It's a solution that disguises the problem and it's more work for the translators and more work for the translation software.

Kit Lo wrote:

An easier solution is to add a tag to tell the translators not to translate the key.

Back to the top