|[auto-iwg] Agenda and procedure proposal for Monday|
below you find a preliminary Agenda for Mondays WP1 F2F. Additional topics and different opinions are welcome!
I heard about a mail from Ralph which was interpreted by some people that the meeting will not take place on Monday. This is a wrong interpretation, the meeting is still scheduled for Monday Feb., 25th!
Agenda for Monday
10:00 – 10:15 Introduction
10:15 – 11:30 Review of the current proposal of the platform
11:30 – 12:15 Strategy concerning e4
12:15 – 13:15 Lunch break
13:15 – 15:00 Discussion on the Procedures for the platform (Proposal see below)
15:00 – 15:45 Maintenance and business aspects
15:45 – 16:00 Conclusions
Proposal on Procedures
· Align the strategy with the Long Term Support proposals to ensure availability of the platform for an adequate time span. Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing decided so far to build upon now
· Artop has a support philosophy to support the latest two minor releases of Eclipse
· The Automotive Platform should comprise the latest two minor releases of Eclipse in the latest bugfix version. Versions are not explicitly maintained in the platform but adhere to this scheme.
· Version changes of components which do not participate in the release train have to be decided explicitly.
· As a consequence, the platform automatically changes each June without an explicit decisions. For components which are not in the release train this can result in an automatic exclusion until a compatible version is added to the platform again.
· A tool provider should get the “Compatible with the Automotive Platform” “batch” if his plug ins are compatible with any current platform version, i.e, he provides an update site that allows any user to install his tooling into a freshly downloaded Automotive Platform edition.
· A tool user is “compatible with the Automotive Platform” when he is using one of the current Automotive Platform versions, i.e., he can expect tools to be integrateable into his local system if the provider claims compatibility with the Automotive Platform.
· The content in general is decided in the Auto IWG general meeting
· The contents of the Automotive Platform is changed in an ordered process. A proposal for a change is stated in the Auto IWG general meeting. Either it is directly decided in the meeting or the proposal for further discussion in the WP1 interest group. In this discussion the proposal is adapted to a form that can be decided in the general meeting.
· The Automotive Platform contains mainly EPL licensed components. It might in addition contain stuff under a different license (e.g. Artop) which will not be hosted on Eclipse infrastructure. These parts are linked on the platform site, but it is in the responsibility of each platform user to ensure the availability of these components on his system. License obligations of these components have to be fulfilled acoordingly.
· The Automotive Platform is a distribution which is offered as an Eclipse standard distribution.
· In addition, target descriptions of all current versions are available, which can be used to create a target for development purposes
· The main page for the Automotive Platform is http://wiki.eclipse.org/Auto_IWG_WP1. It is the single source of all information around the Automotive Platform and contains links to the distribution and the targets.
· The platform page and its content is maintained. It is in the responsibility of the WP1 interested parties, that the effort is contributed either in work force or money.
Dr. Lars Geyer-Blaumeiser
Group Manager Engineering Virtualization Software (ETAS/ESS2)
Phone +49 711 89661 819
Mobile +49 172 4815079
Friedhelm Pickhard, Philipp Rose, Uwe Hillmann
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 19033
Back to the top