Re: [auto-iwg] Eclipse IDE for Automotive Software Developers

Hello all,

we would also like to avoid shipping all the SDKs to our users.
So we share the opinon of Bosch that two packages would most useful, one
for automotive users, and one for automotive tool developers.

If there was just one package, it should in our opinion be the package for
users, because that's where the compatibility must be ensured.
And while it would be possible to create the other package on our own, it
would be wasted effort if everybody did the same thing.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with kind regards,

Martin Bickel
IT EA Solutions Software Engineering

Continental
Automotive Systems Division

Guerickestraße 7
60488 Frankfurt/ Main, Germany

phone: +49 69 7603 6538
fax:        +49 69 7603 88 6538
E-Mail: martin.bickel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.continental-corporation.com
Continental Teves AG & Co. oHG, Guerickestr. 7, D-60488 Frankfurt am Main
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Frankfurt am Main,
Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRA 27047,
USt.-ID-Nr./VAT-ID-No. DE 112160365
Gesellschafter/Shareholders: Continental Aktiengesellschaft
(geschaeftsfuehrend/managing)
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Prof. Dr. Ing. Wolfgang Reitzle; Vorstand/Executive Board: Dr. Elmar
Degenhart (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Jose A. Avila, Dr. Ralf Cramer, Helmut
Matschi, Wolfgang Schaefer, Nikolai Setzer, Elke Strathmann, Heinz-Gerhard
Wente;
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Hannover
Registergericht/Registered Court: Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 3527
Continental Teves UK Ltd., Company Number 00700225, Ebbw Vale, Wales,
Grossbritannien/Great Britain
Proprietary and confidential. Distribution only by express authority of
Continental AG or its subsidiaries.