Re: [aspectj-users] Upgrade AspectJ Maven plugin to Java 11 (AspectJ 1.9.4)

Hi Conrad,

you should be fine to use the release 1.9.4 version of AspectJ, no need
to use master unless there are some bleeding-edge changes you intend to
use in your planned AspectJ compiler modification. FYI, Since 1.9.3
AspectJ already supports Java 12, Java 11 has been in longer still.

Other than that I am not sure about the purpose of your post. I cannot
detect any questions in there.

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de

Conrad Bell schrieb am 30.07.2019 01:40:

> Hello Andy, Alexander:
>
> Your posts strike me as quite serendipitous. I am a PhD student in
> Computer Science. Part of my research will involve modifications to
> the AspectJ compiler. My goal is to work in a Java 11 environment, so
> I just installed the latest eclipse, Java 11 SDK, and cloned AspectJ
> master. I am still working through "xyz cannot be resolved to a
> type" errors so maybe I’m not far along to hit this problem? I am
> new to Maven, but if I can help then point me in the right direction.
> That goes for any other tasks that need doing to get AspectJ to Java
> 11.
>

> Alexander Kriegisch:
>
>> Honestly, I didn't expect an answer from you. AFAIK you are not a
>> committer in that project, at least not according to GitHub. Also, I
>> am not sure there is much to sort out (other than code review)
>> because there is a PR already:
>>
>> https://github.com/mojohaus/aspectj-maven-plugin/pull/45
>>
>> It contains the changed/forked "nickwongdev" version.
>>

>> Andy Clement schrieb am 05.06.2019 00:31:
>>
>>> Thanks for mentioning that, I keep forgetting it. Wish I had the
>>> cycles to sort that out, but I just can't seem to manage it. I am
>>> happy to support anyone who does though!
>>>

>>> On Fri, 31 May 2019 at 21:44, Alexander Kriegisch

Back to the top