Re: [aspectj-users] java.lang.VerifyError: stack shape inconsistent

Are you by any chance running on the IBM J9 VM?  If so, are you on the
latest?  For example, see
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2344&context=SS3PGL&dc=DB520&dc=DB560&uid=swg21298148&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct2344tivoli
which describes how after weaving a system with ITCAM (this happens to
use AspectJ inside) you then cause the VM to throw a stack shape
inconsistent problem and the fix is to upgrade the VM.

I don't believe 'stack shape inconsistent' is due to a mismatch in
weaver/compiler versions used.  We have no open bugs on that error.
The only similar verify issues I have seen are relating to incorrect
stack height - and they are usually because CGLIB generated code is
being woven.

If it isn't a VM issue, then feel free to raise a bug and we can
investigate further.

cheers,
Andy.