From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Matt Chapman
Sent: Fri 5/12/2006 12:12 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT and build script generation

Hi Ron,

We have separate wizards for "Create Ant build file with AspectJ
support" for plug-ins, export as "JAR file with AspectJ support", and
export as "Eclipse Product with AspectJ support" etc, but we're
missing the general export as "Ant Buildfiles with AspectJ support".
Please raise an AJDT enhancement request for this.

Of course the ideal scenario would be for Eclipse to delegate the
build script generation to the project builder - we've raised this
request against PDE as bug 124467. Actually such an enhancement would
probably be needed at the platform level, not PDE, so I need to think
about this further. It's far too late for anything to happen in time
for Eclipse 3.2, but we can push for this after that release - for now
we have to live with all these "blah with AspectJ support" additions.

Also there's a little bit more to the build script generation as you
need a taskdef for iajc, and we set some different options, such as
giving iajc a little extra memory :)

Regards,

Matt.