Re: [asciidoc-wg] AsciiDoc plugin for IntelliJ joins!

Hi Alexander,

We're excited to have you involved!

Tooling will be a central focus of this group. No doubt the specification will eliminate the need to make assumptions about what AsciiDoc is and what rules it follows. This is definitely the place to bring the needs of tools forward and discuss them. Likely we'll set up a project dedicated to tooling where it can be discussed and recommendations made. That way, we don't have to reinvent the wheel in every tool (configuration formats, behaviors, features, etc.), which will make implementation/integration easier on tool creators and create a more consistent experience for users.

> I still need to work out how Eclipse and the AsciiDoc WG are supposed to work. As far as I understand the documents the way for an individual
> to join would be to become a "committer member".

One of the roles of the AsciiDoc WG is to serve as a welcome committee to route people who want to get involved to the projects that match their interests. However, since the projects that will be hosted under the AsciiDoc WG are still being set up, we don't yet have specific projects where individuals can become committers. Once the projects are ready, we will make sure that everyone who is interested in contributing has plenty of time to review the projects, become familiar with the contributing/development process, ask questions, and get any paperwork sorted out.

Best regards,

Sarah