Re: [platform-dev] Better spellings support for code editors

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 9:35 PM Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not sure if anyone has a better answer - but certainly improving spell checking in Eclipse would be nice. IIRC the current spell checking is rather editor specific, which is why Eclipse CDT has its own fork of the JDT one. I would be happy to get rid of the CDT specific code if possible, especially as no one has been keeping it up to date.

While I'm 100% agreeing with this, I'm unsure how things currently work. What are the parts of the JDT spell-checker that have JDT specific code and require replacement by CDT specific code?
I imagine that it would be possible to let language support add document annotation on "spell-checkable" areas and let a generic spell-check process those.

Back to the top