Re: [wtp-pmc] EclipseCon Tutorial Series

Quick question, what form will these tutorials take? Are they hands on using the tools tutorials (more user oriented), or are they tutorials on extending and using the frameworks.

The later will take more devoted time than the former to be useful. I've already submitted a 2hr tutorial proposal for the XSL component and going through a hands on exercise. Also I believe regardless of format, these need to be hands on tutorials. Too many times in the past our "tutorials" really have been nothing more than extended long talks.

I know it is something the program committee is really taking a look at this year.

Dave

Naci Dai wrote:

Thanks to all that responded. I will propose the following topics for consolidated long tutorial:

      1) Web Tools, XML and XSL
             Editors
             Servers/Runtimes
             XML, XSD, XSL, XPath and Xquery

      2) Java Web Applications, JSF
             Application Servers and Facets
             Web Applications
             JSF

      3) Java Persistence, Components and Services
             JPA and EclipseLink
             EJB3 and JavaEE Tooling
             Web Services

I also suggest using the RSS example that we used for the article series to demonstrate the examples. How does this sound?