[winery-dev] Pre-Releases

Dear mentors,

I am still in preparation of a release of Winery. I checked
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#release and wonder whether
and how pre-releases are possible.

Setting: In a project, I want to version Winery and give away
snapshots. Taken, I want to release v2.0.0, I assume, I can "release"
v2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-2017-07-03. Including a respective tag on github to be
able to distribute a compiled snapshot and the corresponding source
code. For sure, not (fully) IP checked and not an official release.

I searched also
https://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process_2010.php#4_2_Code_and_Releases
and found "A Project in the Incubation Phase with two Mentors may make
a pre-1.0 Release", but I do not find, what is the condition and the
process for such a release.

Does someone know how to do that? Or should I distribute full releases
only? But I'd like to distribute development snapshots somehow...

Cheers,

Oliver

Back to the top