Re: [wakaama-dev] Leshan and Wakaama over DTLS

Hi Frank,

> Has anybody got this setup working ?
Long ago (10 Months), I used tinyDTLS and Scandium to do so.
(But it was a other wakaama client dtls implementation.)

> How do I turn on logging/tracing on the Leshan side to see what is going on on the CoAP and DTLS layers ?
You may use "Californium-logging.properties" or "Scandium-logging.properties" and enable the chosen one with
"-Djava.util.logging.config.file=". Or enable it programmatically with

        ScandiumLogger.initialize();
        CaliforniumLogger.initialize();

And then set the wanted level.

To see the CoapMessages, you may add a MessageTracer Interceptor:
	  MessageTracer tracer = new MessageTracer();
        for (Endpoint endpoint : lwServer.getCoapServer().getEndpoints()) {
            endpoint.addInterceptor(tracer);
        }
(But this will only show something, if the DTLS Handshake was successful).

My experience is, using WireShark on 5683 and 5684 (coap or dtls) gives also good hints
About problems.

> Any tips and tricks ? Pitfalls to avoid ?
Chose the right port (5684 for DTLS) :-).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Communications (INST/ESY1)
Stuttgarter Straße 130
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
www.blog.bosch-si.com

achim.kraus@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn