[wakaama-dev] LWM2M client registration failure

Hello,

I downloaded and successfully compiled the latest Wakaama code in trunk from GitHub, but I seem to encounter a strange problem with the LWM2M client.

Basically, I fired up the default LWM2M server (trunk/tests/server/lwm2mserver), and then I started the default client (trunk/tests/client/lwm2mclient) without any commandline arguments. The client sends the initial registration to the server, which the server successfully registers as client #0 with the name "testlwm2mclient" and sends an acknowledgement.

The 13 byte CoAP ACK from the server to the client seems not to be understood, and the client keeps retransmitting the registration POST request until it gives up with a registration failure message to the client's user. On the other hand, the Wakaama server responds to each incoming client registration and returning an acknowledgement. Wireshark does not show any malformed CoAP packets.

I crosstested with a Wakaama snapshot I have from May 2015, and the lwm2mclient from May 2015 seems to work successfully with the current (and previous) lwm2mserver.

I tried rebuilding the current client after disabling bootstrapping but I received the same error. I'm using a Ubuntu 14.10 desktop environment with gcc 4.9.1.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Bill

Back to the top