Re: [udig-dev] Eclipse4 support for uDig

Great work folks!! Comments are inline ..

Just a general rule for running on Linux.

If something does not behave are you expect you'd better first check
that you are running NOT running with SWT-GTK3!

@Jody suggest we enforce GTK2 in our Linux-Launch-Config using
"--launcher.GTK_version 2" as described at
http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html

@Andrea: You can switch to GTK2 for now by setting an Env-Variable
SWT_GTK3=0 for the time being.

Great suggestion, its the same problem we have on OSGeo Live on xubuntu. Thanks for the hint, I guess it solves our problems :)

Tom

On 13.08.14 10:03, andrea antonello wrote:
> Here we go! :-)
>
>> I think I'll simply work on with your branch and if necessary create a
>> new branch from where you left of.
>>
>> Waiting for bug reports ;-)
>
> be careful what you wish for :)

:D

> First off, nice work and thanks to the sponsors of it.

Agree, great work from you, Tom for upgrading and Jody for releasing!!! Chapeau!

> I gave it a quite good testride.
>
> Biggest problem: it is based on the branch that uses geotools 9. This
> is really a pity, since this means that the Spatial Toolbox is not
> working at all.
> I am not sure if this has been a coordination problem, but it renders
> uDig 2 not releasable like that. Jody, I wonder how simple it would be
> to move in the changes done to migrate to the newer geotools?

Good point! Two ideas : It seems that additional jgrasstools-libs are version specific (geoTools) - means version A of jgrasstools requiers 9.0 Geotools libs and version B would need a newer version of gt. How about adding this information (during build/release-process)  to the bundle/lib-name.

Have you tested with older jgrasstools libs as well? However, which version of gt is currently required by jgrasstools?

I assume it's not that much effort to upgrate gt on this branch as well ;) FOSS4G Codesprint?

BTW : I guess its worth to write a blog-post about this upgrade before FOSS4G and before LocationTech Tour starts. Opinions?

>>> from https://github.com/BestSolution-at/uDig/tree/luna-support

@Jody: Have you upgraded to a newer Version of Sphinx? Wondering about this issue, never had problems with 1.1.3