Re: [udig-dev] Eclipse4 support for uDig

Here we go! :-)

> I think I'll simply work on with your branch and if necessary create a
> new branch from where you left of.
>
> Waiting for bug reports ;-)

be careful what you wish for :)

First off, nice work and thanks to the sponsors of it.

I gave it a quite good testride.

Biggest problem: it is based on the branch that uses geotools 9. This
is really a pity, since this means that the Spatial Toolbox is not
working at all.
I am not sure if this has been a coordination problem, but it renders
uDig 2 not releasable like that. Jody, I wonder how simple it would be
to move in the changes done to migrate to the newer geotools?

Other issues:
* on the newest ubuntu uDig doesn't startup and crashes due to some
lib problems. This one can be solved by adding to the ini file:
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla
Yes, it always has something to do with the browsers :-) but, yeah,
the fix is simple
* the info tool not working. I have no idea why, there is no error, it
simply doesn't seem to react.
* when using uDig for a while, on exit there are some exceptions
popping up telling that IService.dispose has been called twice

All in all I think you are almost there. Most probably the geotools
problem is the biggest here. Jody, Frank, what do you think?

Cheers,
Andrea