Re: [udig-dev] technology-pmc exemption discussion

I notice we have one more annoying JDL file - vecmath.

This is an interesting one in that is from Java3D, and offers some pretty fundamental vector math functionality used for co-ordinate reference system transformations. This is harder as there will be no clear download / installer bundle to point users to as is the case with JAI and ImageIO.

Let me do some digging ... good news it is available as a subproject on java.net :D
- https://java.net/projects/vecmath
https://java.net/projects/vecmath/sources/svn/show/tags/rel-1_3_2-fcs

License is the same annoying JDL / JRL combo as expected (marked "other" on java.net):
https://java.net/projects/vecmath/sources/svn/content/tags/rel-1_3_2-fcs/LICENSE-JDL.txt
https://java.net/projects/vecmath/sources/svn/content/tags/rel-1_3_2-fcs/LICENSE-JRL.txt

The only download I see on the oracle website is for 1.4.0_01 or something.

Later versions, like the rest of the JRE, have gone GPL (starting at about vecmath 1_5_0).

Jody