[udig-devel] locationtech migration IRC - important

As announced, we had a short IRC in the uDig channel about the tasks
that need to be done to support the locationtech migration and bring
uDig and its sources in a buildable and deliverable state again.

LICENSE CLEANUP - IP PROCESS

For those who do not know, the IP process has identified some issues
with wrong licensing on some code parts. The spreadsheet that
summarizes leftover problems, is located here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtOHw31i-Ij_dDVfOHVWQV9lXzVjaFNwR2xpcWF6cHc#gid=0

WHO SHOULS LOOK:
- everyone that contributed code and is not sure about the license he chose
- companies that contributed code or people that are able to give
information about how to contact them. One example is Axios.
Frank supplied a possible solution, obviously we need an agreement
form the authors:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.udig.devel/21040

WHERE TO PUSH CHANGES

During the IRC the following workflow came up, to balance the need of
migration and the need to have a releasable and updated uDig at any
time.

1) bugfixes and patches: are committed to the current *master* branch.
That one builds and we can then merge it later when we are in the eclipse repo.

2) non-breaking fixes (like headers): are committed to the current
*master* branch and then they are also merged into the
*locationtech_ip* branch.

3) breaking locationtech_ip changes: are committed to the
*locationtech_ip* branch only.
One example of changes of this kind is the removal of libraries, as it
happened already, and which is also the reason the locationtech_ip
branch does not build.

for those who do not know, this is the locationtech_ip branch:
https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform/tree/locationtech_ip

NEXT IRC MEETING
------------------------------

We are now taking a week time to solve all the possible license issues
and will meet again on Tuesday the 11th at the same time.
Time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=IRC+to+organize+Eclipse+IP+Tasks+for+uDIG+contributions&iso=20130611T12&p1=307&ah=1

FEELING LOST?

You are lost and not sure if you should stand up and act? Simply drop
us an email and we can help you out.

Cheers,
Andrea & Frank

Back to the top