Re: [udig-devel] Beginning uDig plugin development; need some help...

Cagil,

Welcome! You are on the right trac to follow the SDK Quickstart Guide instructions (http://udig.github.com/docs/dev/SDKQuickstart/SDKQuickstart.html).

The JRE's described in the mentioned document containing additional libraries to work with GDAL image formats. Since I've no idea what your thesis is about I recommend to follow the steps. For the core platform you need only java advanced imaging (JAI) and JAI Image IO installed into a standard JRE/JDK.

So its not required to download the JRE's from udig  but its kind of suggestion if you would like to work with supported image formates from gdal.

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask and report any issue setting up the IDE.

Have fun,
Frank