[udig-devel] Beginning uDig plugin development; need some help...

Hello all,

I am new to uDig and I plan to develop a plugin for uDig for my thesis project (migrating from QGIS development to uDig).

I am trying to follow SDK Quickstart but I want to make sure the info is up to date first. I have an existing Eclipse environment for other developments and I want to use it and the existing JRE/JDK for this project if it is possible.

So what are the necessary tools to install/configure on my existing Eclipse platform to begin development of uDig plugins?

The mentioned PDF talks about the SDK, Eclipse modeling tools, a 'dropins' download, a special JRE (with gdal, ecw), a RCP delta pack... It seems these information is a little bit outdated. Can you list some basic steps to get a working environment without installing a special JRE or a new Eclipse platform, if it is at all possible?

Thank you very much,
Cagil

Back to the top