Re: [udig-devel] [Live-demo] uDig in OSGeoLive 6.0 without JAI (and other java apps)

We actually have three things to track here:
- JAI
- ImageIO
- ImageIO-Ext (this will make use of GDAL binaries if they are available on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or installed into jre/bin)

I was concerned about GeoMajas using an older copy of GeoTools; and ending up requiring a different version of ImageIO-Ext (and thus GDAL) then the other projects.

From a recent announcement (http://www.geomajas.org/node/629) it looks like GeoTools 2.7.5 is expected. This release of GeoTools (http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10270&version=18236) works with ImageIO 1.1.x stream and should be compatible with the same ImageIO-Ext as GeoServer and uDig (which are starting to make use of GeoTools 8).

--
Jody Garnett