Re: [udig-devel] uDig at location meeting

Absolutely agree, the community is pretty small and I my feeling is,
that Jesse as a core developer of uDig has pretty much to do in other
projects. but nevertheless the goal should be:
* participate in the half year release process (eclipse release train)
and plan the upcoming tasks and issues for the next release.
* identify patch releases between the major (eclipse upgrade) releases
(e.g. helios -> indigo -> juno)
* eventually create patch releases for older already released eclipse
versions (e.g. galileo, helios)
Hopefully with such a step toward eclipse we get much more Eclipse
core developers into the Mapping world and that they can help us on
the eclipse upgrade process.

BTW: I found an project (presented at the local eclipse demo camp in
Hamburg) that has gone throw the eclipse incubator process [1] (sorry
its a German blog, I try to find an English)

@Jody : In my remembrance you already created a wiki page for this
propose or is it playing a trick on me?

The RFC is here: http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Eclipse+Foundation

Perhaps you could add your notes to the goals or tasks section? I want to figure out what is actually required by Eclipse incubation and ensure we have that covered.

Aside: GeoScript was also mentioned in the location working group meeting. This is a technology that has been sitting on the back burner here on udig-devel for far too long. If anyone wants a really nifty integration it has my vote :-)

(GeoScript offers something like a "geotools lite" scripting target with bindings for _javascript_, Ruby, Scala etc…)

Jody

Back to the top