Re: [udig-devel] Removing ContextModel from the Project Model

For now, which direction are we taking? And is the LegendItem list already being populated?

Thanks!

From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: Wednesday, 8 February 2012 11:31 PM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Removing ContextModel from the Project Model

The alternative is to keep the two lists in sync; which would be a bit sad / difficult. I am also concerned about loading previously saved uDig project files.

1. Most code has already migrated to the IMap.getLayerList() method

2. It should be easy enough to do a traverse of the LegendItem tree and produce an answer for getLayerList() however ...

3. Jesse is correct that there may be some event listeners that are watching for context model to change its list of layers

4. I think we need to keep ContextModel around for one more release;  and switch the rendering code over to listen to getLegendItems() changing. This also gives us a chance to load previously created projects; and notice if the ContextModel is non empty (and use it to define the initial list of legend items)

--

Jody Garnett